Mini-grant letters of interest being accepted by ACCF

The Allamakee County Community Foundation (ACCF) is accepting letters of interest for its “Emerging Needs” mini-grant program. Organizations should visit for more information and submit a grant request letter by October 31.

The “Emerging Needs” Mini-Grant Fund was created to address funding for community projects outside of the Foundation’s regular grant cycle. Grants up to $500 are available for organizations with a 501(c)3 designation, along with schools and municipalities. The Community Foundation accepts applications for grants in the areas of Health and Human Services; Education; Neighborhoods and Community Development; Environment; Children, Youth and Families; and Arts and Culture (including historic preservation) that will benefit people residing in Allamakee County.

To simplify the application process and make award decisions more quickly, the Foundation has modified its “Emerging Needs” grant cycle, adjusting the three annual deadlines: October 31, January 31 and July 31. There is a template to guide applicants on the website.

Applicants should submit a letter of interest to Foundation Coordinator Betty Steege at by October 31 with a subject line “ACCF Mini Grants”, followed by the organization name. Call Betty Steege at 563-586-2046 prior to sending a letter of interest to share an email address and ensure messages are received.

The Community Foundation receives funds from the Iowa County Endowment Fund Program. The Foundation grants out 75% of these funds and invests the remaining 25% in a permanent endowment that generates interest to be distributed in future years. For more information, call Foundation Coordinator Betty Steege at 563-586-2046 or visit

The Allamakee County Community Foundation was formed in 2005 as an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque. The founding members of the organization had a vision to ensure that local communities’ charitable programs were supported - now, and in the future. The Foundation works together with many individuals, families, businesses and organizations to establish endowment funds that will provide grant awards for years to come.