Applications being accepted for Allamakee County Community Foundation 2015 grants

The Allamakee County Community Foundation (ACCF) has begun accepting 2015 grant applications. The application is completely online and will be available at the Foundation’s website, www.allamakeefoundation.org. Applications are due by midnight January 31.

Non-profit organizations can apply for grants from the ACCF for projects or programs that address significant community issues and benefit a broad spectrum of the community. Projects must be in Allamakee County.

The ACCF awards grants in the areas of Health and Human Services; Education; Neighborhoods and Community Development; Environment; Children, Youth, and Families; and Arts and Culture, including historic preservation. Preference is given to projects that:

• address significant community issues

• present innovative, creative and practical proposals that build on community strengths

• present clear work plans that show the ability to achieve the project’s goal

• focus on strategic innovations that encourage cooperation, create efficiencies and reduce duplication of services

• develop the leadership potential of the community

• involve the people served in the planning and implementation of the program

• demonstrate quality, vision, effectiveness, collaboration and good management

• provide a plan for sustainability beyond the funding period.

Eligible applicants must be 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations or governmental bodies. Other nonprofits with charitable projects may also qualify but must partner with a qualified nonprofit or government body who will serve as a sponsor. Call 563-586-2046 for answers to questions regarding eligibility.

The ACCF receives funds each year from the Iowa Department of Economic Development County Endowment Program, of which 75 percent is granted out each year. The other 25 percent is maintained in a permanent endowment with the income to be distributed in future years. For more information, call 563-586-2046 or visit www.allamakeefoundation.org.

 
Rate this article: 
No votes yet