What's up at the FSA Office?

By Joyce Davidshofer, Allamakee County Executive Director

The next Allamakee County Committee meeting will be Thursday, April 7 at 9 a.m. in the Allamakee County Conference Room.

May 15 - August 2, 2016 – Nesting season on CRP ground. Please contact the county office before you do anything in regards to noxious weeds etc.
May 31, 2016 – Last day to receive a commodity loan for corn, soybeans etc.

CRP Reminder
CRP producers who have buffer strips, waterways, etc. in fields where the rest of the land can be cropped, you should review the CRP acres to make sure the size requirement is the same or if there is some encroaching happening.
If you rent the cropland out, sit down with your renter to make sure they understand the CRP regulations, number of acres under contract, and if there were to be a violation the penalty will be assessed to the participants who signed the CRP contract. As the landowner on the CRP contract, it is your responsibility to make sure the CRP acres are in compliance with regulations.
If you have any questions on this reminder, please contact the Allamakee County Farm Service Agency (FSA) Office at 563-568-2148.
2016 ARC/PLC program signup
The county office is conducting the 2016 ARC/PLC applications at this time. If you happen to be in Waukon stop in and sign up. If you have any questions, please contact the office at (563)568-2148.

Changing Bank Accounts
All FSA payments should be electronically transferred into your bank account. In order to make timely payments, you need to notify the office if you close your account or if your bank is purchased by another financial institution. Payments can be delayed if we are not aware of changes to account and routing numbers.

Power of Attorney
For those who find it difficult to visit the county office personally because of work schedules, distance, health, etc., FSA has a power of attorney form available that enables you to designate another person to conduct your business at the office. If you are interested, please contact the Allamakee County FSA Office or an office near you.